Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Incredible time in Rome with my parents

So Rome has definitely been keeping me busy, so Im sorry for the lack of updates.  Most recently, this past weekend and the few days before that my parents came to Rome!! It was amazing.  Definitely something I needed and really appreciated.  My classes were kind of in a slump for those few days which worked out perfectly and let me spend as much time as possible with them.  We really had an amazing time and they were the best 4 days I have had here.  Its so nice to relax and spend time with family after not actually seeing anyone for 2 months.  Not to mention the fact that it was like a mini vacation because we all went sightseeing around Rome and went out to excellent restaurants and ate lots of gelato.
Our first meal together in Rome! You have no idea how good it felt after not seeing them for so long
mmm bomboletti or something like that.  Cool back street restaurant
HOME MADE BROWNIES. everyone agreed they were heavenly.  Nothing beats them
MORE HOME MADE COOKIES.  Officially the best in the world, Italians got nothing on this
Our various food trials were definitely fun.  I tried a lot of different kinds of gelato that I hadnt seen before.  Peanut (not peanut butter, but actual peanut), chestnut, chocolate with rum and chocolate with chili were all amazing.  Chocolate with chili was definitely unique and was actually a spicy chocolate gelato.  Very different and I'm glad I tried it.  These deserts below were really good custardy things too.  Got to try some delicious tiramisu, a cannoli, some great apple pastries, biscotti (chocolate, almond and pistachio) and of course lots of excellent pastas (gorgonzola stood out) and pizzas (eggplant!) and breads.
caremel custard
fruity custard
And of course in between cool Italian meals, I took my parents around the main sights of Rome.  I didn't want them to miss anything since they had 4 full days here and there is so much that is amazing in Rome.  So I think we walked miles around the city (they walked even more than I did cause I had to sit in class sometimes) but basically saw almost all of the must sees of Rome plus a lot of random interesting spontaneous finds in between too which make it that much better.
Parent sin Piazza Navona
Parents on the right in front of the Pantheon
Parents plus fountain near our studio

Parents plus Trevi
Mom plus me plus Trevi Fountain
Perfect morning = european cafe, cappucino, pastry, family and no 

Now off to our southern italy trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment