Monday, November 15, 2010

Always exploring Rome

 After being back in Rome for a little while, we have been quiet busy.  Our studio is really picking up and we are realizing how little time we have left to whip out a full project.  No problem right? I hope so.  Our history class is picking up and we have to study for our midterm and write a long paper on a building in Rome.  Plus italian class isnt going as well as I'd hoped.  But I guess its a good reminder that I am here for school.  And no matter where I go for school, it takes a lot of work and Im totally up for it.

So our history class has actually been really interesting.  We have been taking walks all around the city of Rome and visiting historical sites and learning a lotttt about them.  (too much sometimes).  But it gets us into parts of rome we havent been to and it makes it easier to understand what we are looking at when we walk by the history of the city.  So here are some views from the top of a castle
The castle we went to the top of, right in the center of Rome

Bridge across to the castle
Great view to St. Peter's
Food! Heres some recent excellent food. We made pancakes one morning! Sooo good.  Not italian in any way, but pancakes + syrup + cinnamon was badly needed and I had lots of them.  I also had my first italian cannoli.  I had one with chocolate filling in half of it too.  Less traditional, but not going to lie, chocolate one.  Might have to get another one of those soonish.
yum

double yum
even more yum
 A few nights ago we had a birthday dinner for Kateri.  We decided to pick a new place called La Cisterna.  This was the restaurant that inspired the well from Fantasia.  It was right near our apartment.  Kind of expensive, but I got a really good grilled chicken and potatoes.  Plus we got to see the well in the basement.
Disney Birthday Dinner
The famous well from Fantasia
 And a little taste of our visit to more modern architecture.  These were a part of our history course and some contemporary site visits too.  The great thing about this program is I definitely feel like I am being exposed to as much of Rome and its architecture as physically possible.
Stadium by Nervi
Random office/residential building that stood out

No comments:

Post a Comment