Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Verona! Romeo and Juliet's Romantic Hometown

Next, we spent some time in Verona, wandering through the historic parts and exploring this quaint little town.  Definitely starting to get colder in Northern Italy at this point, which I had my jacket.  Good thing my parents are bringing me one!
Delicious cappuccinos and pastries make every morning in Europe a good one.
A random Zaha Hadid sculpture that displayed some competition
The river in Verona from the top of a castle
We climbed to the top of a bell tower to see the town, and it just happened to be at noon.  Wow those bells are loud up close
We went to Juliet's house from Romeo and Juliet! Theres the balcony! There was a statue too
Verona's own huge ampitheater used for operas during the summer

An excellent evening enjoying pizzas with my friends! Found a great sidestreet place
Made friends with the Gelato lady and got lots of really good gelato!
The Verona sky at sunrise.  Wont forget that for a while
Museum designed by Scarpa, famous architect.  Decent design, cool stuff inside
Climbing to the top of the bell tower
Veronaaaa
Ill keep updating this sorry for the delays.  We just got back in Rome and have been super busy arranging everything.  Plus my parents just got in yesterday and I got to spend the day with them!!!! It was awesomeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment