Monday, October 25, 2010

Venice, Im a fan.

Venice!! What a truly amazing city. So beautiful.  Every where you look is a picture perfect view and it almost seems like its not real.  Of course, thousands of other people feel the same way.  Every where you go the area is filled with tourists.  I heard more english, german, and french then I did Italian.  I am almost convinced that no one actually lives there and that the entire city is just foreigners.  But there is no sense in worrying about that.  Visiting Venice is about the canals, the buildings, the markets, the streets, and the experience of the city itself.  And it was probably one of my favorite if not my favorite stops of the trip so far because of that.
One of the first things I saw of the day. Cliche but awesome
Gondola anyoneee?
St. Mark's square from across the main canal
Really nice church
I have so many great pictures from this bridge from every part of the day, it was right near our hotel
The famous St. Mark's square!

Tourist's much? Who can blame them though

So after our wandering around the city and enjoying the historical parts, we moved on to something more current.  There is very well known international architecture exposition (called the biennale - means that it happens every two years).  This is a pretty big deal and was really awesome to be able to see.  We spent half a day and I probably could have spent another few days looking through everything.  I was trying to rush at the end so I could see everything before it closed for the day, not to mention the fact that I was exhausted after walking around non stop all day. 

But the Biennale was amazing to see, like I said.  The first part of it was a large warehouse filled with endless unique and fascinating architectural exhibits.  There was a room that had an actual layer of clouds you walked through (one of my faves), a room with strobe lights and dancing water, endless models, full scale pieces and everything in between and beyond. 
Cloud room was sooo cool (weird, true, but still cool)


Just some last pictures I took before I moved on to the next part of the Biennalle.  I actually remember this bridge from the last time I was in Venice with my family! Strange and cool experience.  I dont know if you could tell, but I liked Venice a little bit.

Hanging laundry, somebody must live there then haha

No comments:

Post a Comment