Sunday, October 17, 2010

Milan day number 2

 Overall, Milan was really cool.  It wasnt as cool as I was expecting though.  The city was pretty spread out, which made it hard to walk from one place to another.  It seemed like just a regular city for the most part, but with a lot of extra cool stuff scattered in there.  There was the main center around the duomo and then another center of town kind of under construction for the World Expo in 2015.  A lot of famous architects are designing buildings for that.  Also, despite my expectations, there were not fashion models walking the streets at every corner.  I kept my eyes out for Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks on their weekend off, but alas, I did not see them. (Kidding about my expectations....kind of... haha). 

The inside of that beautiful church from yesterday, love the stained glass
huge interior
We also got to climb on top of the church and see the details up close
The square in front of the duomo, with the city of Milan in the background

Milan is definitely beautiful from above

Some more cool architecture models we saw that day from another exhibition
Random yellow wooden sculpture piece with cool screens on it
 We went to McDonals...I know...But I got a Tiramisu milkshake there! It was really good. I wish they had that flavor in the US, of course, its still McDonalds... 
Model of Milan showing the new planned buildings that are to be done by the 2015 World Expo, very cool complex with a lot of new interesting architecture
I.M. Pei building. I was a fan

No comments:

Post a Comment